Cpu Problems, Help Plz!@!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold123

Baseband Member
I recently purchased an nf7-s2g, a-bit motherboard, AMD Athlon XP 3200+ 2.2ghz processor, and 768 MB or ddr400 pc3200 RAM. When i turn my FSB up to 200, i get a blue error screen after windows XP loads. But im running it at 1.83 ghz right now on 166 FSB, frequently locks up some games, reboots, and freezes. Any ideas on how to fix the problems?

i say u probablyh did something wrong so uhm take everything apart and do it over carfully with reading manual or reformat i think if u cant then just take it to the comp store..

What was the previous fsb that you had? Try to reset your bios to the defaults and see if the blue screen goes away. If you made a big jump in your fsb, try a smaller jump first.

I am not positive on this, so dont do it until some one else posts about it. But you might have to increase the core voltage of your cpu when increasing your fsb. I am not positive, but you might need to do this. Can some one confirm this?

I am not positive on this, so dont do it until some one else posts about it. But you might have to increase the core voltage of your cpu when increasing your fsb. I am not positive, but you might need to do this. Can some one confirm this?
He's not overclocking, he's simply trying to get it to stock status which means he should have to do anything besides bumping the FSB to 200 like he's trying.

Reset your CMOS so you can absolutely make sure all default values are present and then when you go into the BIOS choose "Load Optimized Defaults' or whatever that option says. See if it puts your FSB at 200 where it should be.

I accidentally bought the NF7-S2G way back when instead of the NF7-S v2 but now my friend has that board and he has a 2400+XP in it, and I don't recall a jumper being present on there.

EDIT: Also since your computer boots at 200FSB but windows is giving you the problem, download "memtest86+" and run that program. You put it on a cd or floppy and change the boot order so that it loads before windows. It will test your RAM for errors. If you get errors then you can safely assume your RAM is giving you troubles.

Also make sure you have a good power supply with a strong +12v rail because that's the line the CPU feeds off of.

Make sure you have the 20pin power connector and the 4pin square connector plugged into the mobo

my ram is not the problem, i used that program, and all the cables are connected, the blue screen tells me to disable cacheing/shadowing, but i cannot find that in my bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom