CPU Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadMan789

Baseband Member
Ok I bought a new motherboard, cpu, ram and a case i hooked it all up , It booted fine but when i went into system properties it says my cpu was an AMD 2000 XP+ running at 1.53 Ghz

Here is the list of my purchases:

Asus A7N8X Motherboard
AMD 2600 XP+
512mb DDR 3200
Scorpian ATX Case 420W

Does anyone no how to configure my comp so it will pick up the proper processer it detects it as AMD 2000 XP+ when it is a AMD 2600 Xp+ CPU chip

u can at least enter wndows?

thre is software utility that comes with Asus Motherboard, , its ON-line easy BIOS upgrade, it'll flash your old BIOS, and will replace with new,

sometimes old BIOS is unable to detect new clock speeds.

yup
it'll,install a BIOS upgrade, once u openntht program, it will ask u whre to get the BIOS upgrade? like from internet / or from file

if u dont have reliable internet, better is to download file seperately, and then give file link to upgrade BIOS.

else upgrade it from internet.

this utility has made bios upgrade so easy, that even novice can do that.

Ok I looked in the manual and I now no how to upgrade it but i am not sure which bios to download

A7N8X2.0
Rev 2.XX
Bios Rev 1007

I have no idea what to download wat is PSB?

it must be PCB its the upgrades that comes on same board.

let me know 2 thinsg:

exact model of your board? as A7N8X has 4 models

PCB version, u can find it on:

if u open the Casing, in between PCI slots, whre its written A7N8X, you'll fine near it, written PCB cersion, tell em that, and i'll tell u wht to download.

and I am on Asus as well, I know all their stuff, i have used A7N8X as well, thanks anyway for writing the download site of asus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom