CPU or MB DEAD HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkitty

In Runtime
the other day my system just died. The night before all i was doing was playing games.Next morning i hit power switch and power comes on, cd-roms read and lights go out.HD light stays on for 3mins and monitor never turns on. WTF? I've changed video cards , unplugged HDs CDroms's.Change ram everything but it doesnt seem to affect it at all.Even switching PS doesnt do anything.5hours of trying and finally it booted i reloaded windows,got all that done and it rebooted for after updates and it died.That was 3 days ago. Is my MB dead or the CPU ? Both are brand new and less than 1yr old. PCCHIPS M950 with P4 2.4ghz

ya i did that.First thing i did was switch surge protecters...switch power cords abosutely nothing has worked. I just wondered if someone could tell me for sure by the problems if its the cpu or MB. It wont even boot bios.I turn it on and it never swictches monitor on and i get NO BEEPS.

Check your CPU, heatsink, and fan. I had a very similar problem just recently. I took the heatsink and fan apart and noticed that the thermal grease was basically gone. I cleaned both the top of the CPU and the bottom of the heatsink, reapplied new thermal grease and my problems seemed to disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom