CPU is getting hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roaddog

Solid State Member
Two weeks ago when I built this 2.0 P4 my CPU temp ran about 110f now its running about 122F and higher until it shut off in the middle of my HALO game:mad: , the mobo is a Intel D845GERG2 not overclocked,
cpu heat sink is a Global-Win cooler up to a 3.2 runnig at 4600rpms,Video card is a GForce4 TI 4200 in a HP case with a case fan in the rear and I also have a rear slot fan? so I have a total of 4 fans running and its still running hot:( is it me or is it too HOT and yes I put thermal compound on it:)
Any help would be great:) :) :) :)

on the top of this site theres a row of little blue boxes... one says search... type in cpu cooling on the search and sift around the results :)

you might have put too much thermal paste on

there's few posts here (use the search tool) that explained the right amount of thermal paste to apply

applying too much won't allow the hsf to get to the cpu efficiently which causes the overheating

OK so I read all the past posting and cleaned and put the right amount of compound on again but now I have no video at all???
changed monitors and video cards but no luck still no video.
what went wrong did my mobo or cpu die?

Hey found out the problem, Dimm slot 0 stopped working ???
The mobo was a used board from a friend and my scrren use to flicker and it stopped doing that now, i guess that slot was dieing for some time know.
Thanks again
P.S CPU Temp is now 96F:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom