CPU Burn-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecjahn

Daemon Poster
Is it absolutely nessesary to burn-in a new CPU, even if im not going to overclock it (... yet) ???

buyer beware......the pc world is not free from its share of catching phrases and ad flare, ie built, tested and (burned) in for 24hrs, all for the low low price of ______.

some people still think they have to drive their car for such and such miles to
(burn) in the engine.......

well, it is a good idea to let your motor run at idle for a while with a brand new engine (well, i know that at least with motorcycles you have to idle them through a full tank of gas to let the gaskets and pistons get "burned in" if thats what you want to call it) but as far as CPU burn-in goes, i really dont think that it matters, because the only thing that could possibly change with "burn-in" time would be the metal expanding and contracting, which it is going to do anyways i dont know, its like gummy up there said, i think that it is just a catch phrase

I figured that... I know that you can "burn in" to squeeze more juice out of your overclocking adventure, and ive seen some mumbo-jumbo on sites selling burn-in with their mobos...
i pretty much played ut2003 for hours when i got my config going, so it pretty much "burned it in good" if you know what i mean

speaking from a professional standpoint, the best way to burn-in a new CPU is to go through your entire collection of pr0n. depending on how much you have this process can take up to 48 hours to complete :)

ekÆsine said:
speaking from a professional standpoint, the best way to burn-in a new CPU is to go through your entire collection of pr0n. depending on how much you have this process can take up to 48 hours to complete :)

nicely put...celebrate yur new purchase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom