Couple RAM Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacerX

Baseband Member
Hi,

First of all, can someone tell me the difference between these two RAM:

RAM 1 and RAM 2

Second, I have this motherboard and am using this RAM in dual channel mode. What will happen if I add two sticks of this RAM to my remaining 2 DIMMs? Would it still run in dual channel? If not, what are the drawbacks/consequences? Does it matter that the Corsair memory I already have installed has a CAS latency of 2.5 and the new RAM has a latency of 3?

Thanks

First off: Easier to reply if you don't make us link out to five different sites to find out what you're wanting to know.

Kingston ValueRAM 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) KVR400/512R vs. KVR400X64C3A/512
THese look to be the same part. The Kingston number is KVR400X64C3A/512, the first number is some made-up number.
Here is the Kingston compatibility chart for your Mobo:
http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/con.../SLI+Motherboard&distributor=0&submit1=Search

There should be no problem mixing the Kingston and the Corsair.

If you install CAS Latency 3.0 RAM, your whole system will slow to CL 3.0 -- now you may or may not be actually running the Corsair at CL 2.5

If you want to preserve your latency advantage, you would have ot go with some different RAM that was CL 2.5

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom