Corsair XMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinrichisgod

In Runtime
Would I benefit very much as gaming is concerned if I switch from using a "major brand" 512 MB of 256X2 in DDR400 pc-3200 to Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200?

I've been trying to play UT2004 dvd edition and the load times are insane and the gameplay is a bit choppy at times. Would adding this memory help out in any way? Thanks.

YES, going from 512MB of RAM to 1 gig will make a considerable difference in gameplay.

Sweet I'm willing to spend around 300 or so for it so I hope thats enough for the 2-2-2-6 timings, lol whatever that it....

YES, going from 512MB of RAM to 1 gig will make a considerable difference in gameplay
No this is not true, well it is but its not. Going from 512mb to 1gb of the same ram will not really result in any game performance. it will give better performance in video editing though. Now he said major brand. It depends on his brand now, its cas/timings, etc. Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series is not neccecarly alwasy faster than some other brand, this pack is just made for overclocking specifically and good performance. But if he has 512mb of ram with the same statistics of that 1 gb it will not give a huge performance boost.

timings are very difficult to explain. Just think of is as the lower they are the faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom