Confirmation re Harware Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoto512

Baseband Member
Hi People,

I need confirmation on an issue regarding hardware. I'm currently living in Japan and intend to return to Australia soon. I bought a desktop computer while here (built from component parts), and would like to bring it back with me to Australia. My intention is to "gut" the computer - keep the motherboard, hard disks, memory and other internals, plus the monitor, and throw or give away the computer case (which would be too bulky to bring back with me). When I return to Australia I will buy a new case.

Regarding the internal components, will there be any voltage issues etc. when connecting up to the power supply of my new case? I don't see why there would be, as the internal voltages have nothing to do with the source voltages...but I just want to check. Also, I'll need to buy a power socket adapter for my monitor. I don't see this as being an issue either, but thought I'd better ask. Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Kyoto

you might need a power adapter to switch the end of the plug to fit into the wall outlet, but the PC should work fine. I would not keep the monitor, it weighs 60 LBS, i would sell it in Japan, and buy one in Australia.

Thanks for your help, guys.

Actually, my intention was to buy a new computer case and power supply. This way I would have a 240 V PSU. I'm just wondering if I use the new power supply, will it have any adverse effect on my motherboard et. al. Surely the internal voltages (5/12?) are the same, regardless of the PSU.

To talldude123: My computer monitor is really light. I think I can fit it in my suitcase, and I don't think it'll cause me problems in terms of weight. Anyway, I'll see.

Cheers,

Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom