computer wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergiofar

Baseband Member
Hi guys, need your help, this is my first build (bought a barebones before and added everything video card, ram ect.)this time I deciede to start from scratch. My problem is it wont start, the mobo has a light which tells me that it has power but the processor fan will not spin ( it is connected to the right place) the ram has a light too but it is not on (ram works tested on my other system), all the conncetors are correctly connected, one question though are both power conncetors supposed to be connected the +12v and the long connector (don't know what it is called) any help on troubleshooting would be appreciated. Also am I supposed to do something with the jumpers ( the quick start guide mentions something about clearing CMOS data and CPU's and FSB select on the jumpers section or am I supposed to leave it the way it came out of the box)???:( :( :( :(

Here are my specs:

AMD 2800+barton
DFI mobo NForce 2 400-AL
512x2 kingston RAM PC3200
200gb seagate barracuda
5200 FX video card

Thx, actually I got it to start last night had conncected the atx power button to the wrong place, computer will start now but nothing happens after that no picture whatsoever. All the fans spin and everything seems ok (no beep) but mobo lights start up tells me there is power on the board and the ram (board has two lights) cpu fan spins but nothing. I disconnected everything with the exception of the video card and one stick of ram and nothing (by the way why only one stick of ram, just curious). My power supply is 420 watts, should be ok right.

Thx for all the help, actually I hadnt't locked in the processor correctly ( did not lift the lever and lock cpu in place duh! guess I was lucky I didnt crush the pins) reinstalled it (cleaned the thermal paste and put new one one) got it to go and everything is good now have it running stable everything seems ok from what I can see. Thx again, this place is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom