Computer wont bot once I install new processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borske

Beta member
Computer wont boot once I install new processor.

Currently I have a 1ghz Amd Athlon processor with a MSI mainboard AMD 761/VIA 686 ms6341, PCB 1.1 . Im running the latest BIOS with windows XP pro and 786gb of DDR RAM.
I purchased a AMD XP 2000+ processor but when I install the processor I cannot get the compouter to boot. I dont get any picture or sound. No "beeps" off the mainboard or through the soundcard.
Is there any CMOS or BIOS settings I should be changing?
Thankyou

he said he doesnt. look for option in CMOS to change CPU external frequency and CPU frequency multiple if it even lets you get into CMOS setup.

Yes my PSU has enough power. its 400 watts 110 volts, and I cant get into the the CMOS. I cant do anything once the machine starts up with the new processor. Would I be able to make any changes to my CMOS with my old processor and have the changes take effect with the new processor?

What is the FSB on the AMD XP 2000+?
I had a problem simular to this with a P!!! system. The board would support up to a 1ghz 100mhz chip. I didn't see that and installed a 1ghz 133mhz chip. The system didn't do anything when I would start it.
Could this be simular to your problem?

I checked the MSI site and your board will take upto a xp 2000+ but maybe there is a fault with the processor... It's been known to happen...
Hope you find an answer.

Im unsure what FSB stands for so Im unable to answer that question. But I put my new AMD 2000+ processor in my buddies machine and it worked fine. So we know the processor works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom