Computer won't boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddygranger

Beta member
I have a Sony Vaio Laptop which is two years old. It was working fine, until the screen frose. I switched it off, but it doesn't want to reboot. The power light comes on, but it doesn't boot at all. CD drive works, but the battery charging light doesn't flash. I tried removing and replacing battery without luck. Any ideas what the problem could be? Perhaps the processor?

I tried both already but no luck. The battery charging light doesn't flash when the laptob is plugged in but switched off - it always used to. Could it be a battery charging failure, with the battery not having enough juice to boot up? I must say the battery has been going flat quickly lately when I've been working unplugged.

could be, try a different battery. maybe local computer store will let you try and see if it works that way, however I think most will bypass when plugged in and turned on... but I'm not exactly sure.. I dont really deal a whole lot with laptops. been inside a few, and tore them down and rebuilt them but thats about it.

Yeah, I tried it with the battery taken out but plugged in. It seems to bypass battery, as power light goes on, but I only get the same blankscreen. Am asking Sony right now, as I would prefere a guaranteed fix from them. If they can't fix it soon enough I'll take it to my computer shop who have helped out previously on other pc's.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Paddy

BTW - the program I was using at the time was a 3d CAD engineering application which I fear may have burnt out the processor. Does this happen often? I have been using it for 2 years now without any problems on the laptop. The processor runs at 100% when doing renderings, and these can taken over an hour to do sometimes. I havn't done any long renders lately however.

hmmm... thats possible, thats a heavy load to put on it. its the autocad process at that and NOT system idle, right? system idle is fine, but yeah... if it sits at %100 demand on CPU for an hour, thats asking alot of it. especially if its constant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom