computer wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

jls1986

Beta member
hi a while back i bought an amd system and put it together myself. it worked fine for about a year, then it wouldnt boot up. i discovered the athlon xp 2200+ i had in it when out. so i ordered a new ahtlon xp 3000+ with a gigabyte GA-7s748-L motherboard with it because the old board could only run at 233 FSB. i recieved my parts and put it all together. the computer would only turn on for a few seconds then turn right back off. so i bought a new power supply thinking that might be it. i put it in, and turned the computer on. now the computer would stay on, but no video was sent to the monitor. i figured it was motherboard problem so i put my old motherboard back in with my new processor. the computer worked fine so i sent the new motherboard into the place i got it from to get it replaced. they claimed they sent me a new one, so when i got it i hooked it all up and it did the same thing! i thought they were just bsing me so again i sent the motherboard into gigabyte this time to get repaired. while the motherboard was away my other setup (the old mb with the new 3000+ processor) also stopped working. i thought maybe the old motherboard was bad because the processor was too new to already be fried. but it did the same thing, no video sent to monitor, so i waited to get the motherboard back from gigabyte, and hooked it all up, and it still did the exact same thing. ive tried switching ram, different video cards, taking everything out of the case and setting it up on card board. unplugging everything i can, resetting the bios, reseating heatsinc, and it still will not work. theres no beeping that i know of but im not positive that the speaker works. so do you guys think that my cpu is bad AGAIN, or do you think the gigabyte board is still messed up, and my old motherboard went out? also on the new gigabyte board, the lan lights stay on the integrated port when i have a network cable plugged in even when the computer is turned off. is this normal or is somethin in the circutry really messed up? thanks for any help!

i also have a geforce fx 5200 with 2 sticks of pc2100 ram if that helps any

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom