computer tower and airport xrays

Status
Not open for further replies.

artraider

Beta member
I was planing on taking a 3 week vacation and bringing my computer tower as a carry on, is going through the airport xray system very harmfull to the tower or am i ok?
thank you

I donbt very much they would let you take it, even if the scanning wasn't harmful. If you do, expect to hear an alarm, and see a bomb disposal squd running in after it.

^ LoL

bombsquad1.jpg

lol @ the shirt

Honestly they would take your PC apart, you have to power on electronics. I can get a 3" knife thru an airport security system though (dont ask, it's a long and legal story)

And vacation is time to forget about PC's and forums :)

They cant stop you from taking a laptop. So why could they stop you from taking a tower? there the same thing one just looks more like a bomb rofl

charles_scott said:
They cant stop you from taking a laptop. So why could they stop you from taking a tower? there the same thing one just looks more like a bomb rofl

They need to be powered on, and they would be worried about what you can fit in it.

You can however more likely put the tower in non carry on, they usually dont x-ray that stuff, and dont really care. They however do bomb sniffing on it.

The reason I am wanting to bring my tower is because I am in college and want to bring files and programs like 3dmax and photoshop with me to my destination. So I can work on my projects when I have my 3 week vacation/break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom