Computer Severly overheading once I installed soundcard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thundercleese

Beta member
I know how crazy this has to sound but.. My computer was running fine... avrg case temp at 20-30 Degrees Cel and my CPU temp ranged from the High 40's to low 50's. I just got a Creative ZS 2 soundcard and installed it yesterday, then my system seemed to just go crazy. Once I turned on the computer, it stayed on for about 1 minute and then it would crash. Then I restarted the computer a few minutes later and went into the BIOS then went to "Hardware Monitor" then WHAMM I saw the CPU temp was at 90 Degrees Cel and then about 5 seconds later it crashed.
Ok.. I'm no Computer Enginner but.. I don't see how a $90 Sound card can cause my CPU to jump 40-50 Degrees Cel. I'll try and give a detailed example of what happens when I boot up..

Normal load screens....
Monitor Loses Signal...
Computer Beeps...
Computer Crashes...
I cry....

System Specs :
3.0 Ghz P4
120 GB HD Western Digital 7200(?) RPM
nVidida FX5900 Ultra
512 Megs of PC3200 RAM
ASUS P4C800 Deluxe MoBo

...Also I was wondering if it were possible for the MoBo to be damaged during the install of the sound card, causing it to give false readings?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

It's possible that you set something loose during the installation like your CPU fan. check if it is working properly. Did the heatsink get banged during installation? Check if it is seated properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom