Computer recycling -- need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ EndurancE

In Runtime
I've been cleaning out the garage, and I've got a very old (looks like Windows 3.1 design originally) rusted, stripped down tower, and two old 15" CRT monitors that don't work. :sigh:

Does anyone know how these should be recycled or disposed of?

You live in Oregeon?

FreeGeek, a charitable organization that builds and teaches people to build PCs using donated parts, is in Portland.

FREE GEEK: HOME

Edit: such a cool project. I wish something like that would come to my area.

That's interesting. I've never heard of them before. I'm just an hour away from Portland, so I could check it out sometime. But I see there's a $10 monitor fee. :( Believe me, these monitors don't work! I know regular garbage pickup doesn't like to take things like that -- toxic and all that. They need to be properly disposed of.

Any other ideas?

(The case I'll probably just recycle as scrap metal, that's all that's left of it. :freak: )

I don't know what your area is like. Here, people who live in the country don't have trash pickup, so they go to the dump. Here...you could just take it to a dump and throw it out. No one watches...people bring truckloads of stuff all the time.

I'm in the country too actually. :D We do have garbage pickup, but big stuff is usually best hauled into the dumb -- which I could do, it's just our local dump way overcharges for anything that's not sheet metal. :confused:

Maybe I'll just give them a call and see if they have any other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom