computer rebooting.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

frantic

Beta member
I have a pIII 933 dell computer with 256 mb. the computer always freezing up while its booting up( when its booting windows 2000), if its not freezing it keeps on rebooting for no apparent reason.

I changed everything (i.e video card, hd, ram, processor, cd-drive, ) but it still keeps on doing the same thing. the only thing i didnt change is the power supply and the motherboard.

did u say u replaced the hard drive/ because if u did and u used system recovery to get back ur old computer it migth not work. dell adn other brands like hp do special formatting so that there software will only work with there hardware. except for like ram and graphics cards. but hard drives the do something so they work only for them. so u might need to go back to ur old hdd

in the new hd i was able to install 2000, but it gave me a few probs installing, nevertheless it was installed. the problem is that its still doing the same thing as when 98 was installed on the old drive. ive changed everything but the mb and powersupply.
Somebody told me that the voltage from the powersupply could be wrong, and somebody else told that it could be the cpu fan, cuz the cpu is heating up faster. the fan seems to be working good..... any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom