computer reboot of death

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxsk8er

In Runtime
Hey
I was just wondering has anyone ever had a computer load the OS (or in my case Win98 SE) or start to load it and the computer suddenly reboots without warning, spontaneously, if so let me know how to fix it. To see my system specs look at my signature.

Why are you running Windows 98? Whats wrong with you? You can easily run XP on that thing, it will make everything work better. Windows 98, for lack of a better term, sucks.

Does it continuously reboot? It reboots, and then gets to the same spot and reboots again? Reinstall Windows.

XP doesn't see my hard drive or it's drivers on the floppy I created to help it see it. I will reformat and resetup Win98 SE though and see if that solves any of my problems.

Check to make sure that your comp isn't overheating and that your power supply is able to provide adequate power to all of your drives etc....

XP dosent see your hard drive but98 does? Thats weird man. Spontaneus restarts arent always caused by a bad PSU, but it can be a sign on corrupted Windows. I would go with that theory first before I started spending money on new hardware.

I would get a more recent version of windows on his machine first before I start screwing around with a PSU. Remember all problem solving must start from the outside than in, not from the inside to the outside.

When he has a more recent version of windows and he still gets restarts, he should check for overheating, bad ram(memtest86), and a bad psu.

I woke up at 3am to turn on the compuet to test out the overheating theory and within 3-4 hours the powersupply got really warm and started rebooting spontaneously. I am now convinced I have a bad psu and have a question. What do you think about Sparkle power supplies? Because my friends all use them and there all 450 watt power supplies and they run really cool and I mean cool.

pdxsk8er said:
I woke up at 3am to turn on the compuet to test out the overheating theory and within 3-4 hours the powersupply got really warm and started rebooting spontaneously. I am now convinced I have a bad psu and have a question. What do you think about Sparkle power supplies? Because my friends all use them and there all 450 watt power supplies and they run really cool and I mean cool.

use respected companies such as Antec or thermaltake they offer stability and reliability dont go for the cheap stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom