amd 64 fx 55
Antec 480watt Trueblue
MSI K8n Neo 2 platinum
Corsair XMS CAS2 2 X 512
BFG 6800 gt
WD Raptor
SB audigy 2 ZS
Thermaltake Venus 12 HSF

Now the problem I'm having is Random Reboots. I was also having a lot of crashes in WoW open beta and Doom3. I thought at first that it was my video card because my 6800 gt was running kind of hot so I stuck in my spare 5700 ultra and it had the same symptoms.

I have the latest drivers for everything and I just recently updated my chipset drivers which seemed to have fixed the game crashing problem but my random reboots still persist and seem to have gotten worse.

I do not think it could be overheating my case has 2 front intakes, 1 exhaust, and 1 top exhaust. I put the Arctic silver 5 paste on the cpu and it runs around 39-44C in BIOS so that i dont believe is the culprit.

I thought then maybe it was bad memory so I ran memtest86 for an hour (completed 4 tests) and It came up with no errors so thats not the problem. Then I thought maybe the memory could be overheating? I havent overclocked anything but I have them in slots 1 and 2 and they have heatspreaders but look close together. Would this cause reboots? I'm thinking of moving the one in slot 2 to slot 4.

The only other thing I can think of is my PSU but its an antec should have no problem with the power. But I did notice that it does not seem to be blowing out much air in the back. My cheap PSU that came with my Cheap case on my old comp pushes at more air than my Antec, could this be the problem?

Oh and my OS is Win XP Pro Sp1 if anybody could help it would be much appreciated (sorry for the long post :p hope to hear from you soon).

It indeed does sound like the PSU...to really be able to tell you should use a program like Motherboard Monitor 5 and see if your voltages rapidly fluctuate, this is the sign of a dying PSU or one under too much stress...

How much wattage is the PSU and what are the rails rated at? Meaning the +3.3v, +5v, and +12v should all have a specific rating in amperes so get those numbers back to me if you can

As I said above I have an Antec 480w TRUEBLUE PSU. I'm not sure what you mean by the railings I looked in the manual and it says +5, +12V, +3.3v Max Output is 460W. Don't understand how the psu could be going bad. Antecs are good quality PSU's unless I just unfortunately got a bad one. This stuff is all brand new btw.

Update: I'm convinced my PSU is to blame for my random reboots. It's hard to believe that a brand new Antec PSU could do this but I guess I was unlucky. I've requested an RMA at newegg and will be sending it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom