Computer Probs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gohanultrassj6

Beta member
Hi all!
I bought a new system and assembled it myself.
The parts are
XP 2500+ Barton
OCZ 512MB PC3200 400mhz
WD SE 120GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache
ABIT NF-7S
AIW RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB
etc...

Well the problem i'm having is that when i open up My Documents...and if i have a bigger file than 100mb (lets say 3dmark03) it doesn't display its icon and the system sits...i mean i can do everything but ...i tried refreshing and stuff but it still didn't work...only when u click on it and wait for the details to show...only then u can see the size of it and other stuff.
The thing is i'm using the ABIT's IDE to SATA Seriell adapter...i have a hunch that that may be a problem. However, i am not sure. Everything else works fine and in the last couple of days my comp started stalling on reading the info from the comp. IT may be the hd but i tested it with the wd diagnostics prog and it passed. It might be my windows ...(Windows XP PRO) so i'll try to reformat and do it again. Also one other thing is i can't get the 5.1 sound to work on the system...it uses the front speakers as rear even though i have rear speakers connected properly.
I have no idea wtf is wrong with this...
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

Yes it is 2.0
So why do i need Realtek...shouldn't i be updating with nvidia's nforce2 drivers?
And thanks i will try to update the sata.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom