Computer Monitors ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robg2251

Beta member
We are about to upgrade our editorial system, as well as update work stations around the office (Macintosh and PC).

We have a need for two separate work stations -

1) Photo editing, graphic design, page layout (very graphic intensive, need for calibration, good color)

2) Reporters, writing and editing copy (using word or incopy, internet, email -very basic)

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Right now, I would say that price isn't a huge issue, however I would like to see all options - quality being the top of my concern.
I also am unsure of the quality difference between CRT and LCD. I'm looking for whatever will work the best. I do like the LCD's (space saving), but from what I'm reading, for toning photos, they aren't the best.

Thanks in advance!

Rob Gorczyca
The Monroe Evening News
Monroe, MI

LCD's are good for space saving enviroments, but they are costly and dont have the best picture.
CRT's are high resolution monitors, they are cheaper, but big.

I would use the LCD's for the reporters, for surfing the web,word, and email.

The CRT (preferably flatscreen HD tubes) for the photo editing and graphic design.

If anybody asked me if I want a LCD monitor, I would say, yes, then I would sell it and buy 2 CRT's and run a dual monitor setup.

LCD's are better on the eye, so maybe them for the reporters, but a nice flat screen crt will be the best for the photo editing, as they have better image quality that would be needed for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom