Computer locks up when i press the caps lock button...please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev269

Solid State Member
Hi,

I've been having this problem for a long time and I have had to take the caps lock button off the keyboard in case I press it! so I use the shift button instead.

Each time I press the caps lock button on my PC, the computer just locks up and continuosly beeps annoyingly. With no other choice I then have to reboot the computer. The strange thing is that if I press the reset button, then the monitor doesn't turn on and stays turned off with the orange light. If I shut it down and then switch it back on, then it starts up ok.

Once it starts up it also beeps 6 times at the memory check section etc. the black screen part, once the PC is turned on.

Anyway, this problem was happening before I formatted my computer and it was ok for a few days after I formatted, but has now started up again!!! I thought I got rid of the problem. I've tried different keyboards and the same thing happens. I tried re-installing the drivers for the keyboard as well.

I really don't know what to do. I've tried different keyboards, tried formatting and installing new drivers.... Could it be something with the BIOS?

Thanks a lot
Kev

Wow, i never heard of that before. People have some weird problems with their computers lol. Hmmm, does this happen with other keyboards?

it is a problem with the ps2 connection itself.

I would suggest buying a USB Keyboard and you will not have any further problems... unless you can solder the connection a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom