Computer hangs on radeon ati screen at startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominic

Baseband Member
EDIT: I meant to put this in troubleshooting... sorry about that...

Basically it hangs for around 10 minutes at the start-up screen

"Graphics by ATI Radeon 9100 pro IGP
HT Ready"

and then after that it makes the usual clicking noises and eventually starts, but then hangs permanently (or at least for as long as I've left it - 20 minutes or so) at the windows startup screen, at which point I have to reset it (I think) and start windows using the last good configuration. If I hit f8 and do that first, I can avoid this, but I have to do it every time I restart the computer. Plus it's the initial ten minute wait that bothers me.

I never turn off my computer, because I'm worried I won't be able to get back on. Whenever I've had problems before, I've been advised to update the drivers, but I'm always getting the drivers from the same place (the cd that came with it), so I'm not sure if there's something else I'm supposed to be doing.

Basically before I restart again, I'd like to be sure I've done anything I need to.

Here are screenshots from CPU-Z and dxdiag. Is there any other information that would be helpful?

dxdisplay.jpg

dxsystem.jpg

cpucz.jpg

mbcz.jpg

mcz.jpg

Here is a link to ATI's site. Follow the links and, it will take you to the driver updates page.

The drivers WERE updated recently (Jan. 18) so you most likely have out of date drivers.

**************************************************On the site it mentions this..........
"ATI recommends Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher to be installed.

You must have Microsoft .NET Framework installed prior to downloading and installing the Catalyst Control Center "

Every time I've used an ATI video card I've had to find better drivers. Now, I don't even install what's on the cd. I go to their site and make sure I have the latest release.

Hope this helps,
Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom