computer cant start, what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scyap

Solid State Member
my computer cant start, so im using my dad's notebook to ask for help
i hope bringing the pc to a shop would be my last and only route
i hope someone else can help me~~~

when i start my computer my pressing the button on the CPU, the cpu red light and the CD-rom light flash for about 0.1 second and then nothing happens, it doesnt start, its like there is totally no power
but i dont think its the power box problem as my monitor's power is from the CPU and the monitor starts perfectly, only that it says no signal imput...

no, my computer is not sharing lots of power lines around that causes insufficient power for the CPU, what could be the problem ???

i tried changing the line that inputs power to the Cpu but it doesnt work

help pls... :confused:

edit:
Windows XpSp1

before that is was running fine, now suddenly this happened...

I had a problem many many years ago that from what I can recall it was the same one. In my case the problem was with the PSU, I can't recall what caused it but a new PSU fixed it if you have a old comp lying around pull the PSU from that and give it a try.

whats a mobo?

uh... no i dont have a old psu...

edit-
would it work if i removed and re-insert the mainboard battery?

Just last week my friend had a similar problem. I thought it was the power supply and so I bought and installed a new one for him...nope! That wasn't it. The motherboard was dead.

Anyways, careful where you take your computer in for service. A new mb(i'm thinking your pc is a lower end pc)might only cost $70 or less. They can charge 3x or more for the repair. Ask around. Good luck

Yes!
at last, im back !
curse the burnt psu... T_T!

thanks everyone for ur support and lovely help!!!

thank you!!!

sorry i've not been replying lately as i had no internet access and went outstation for days, well, thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

Good to find out that it was fixed. Can you post a pic of the damaged PSU?

Lots of times when a PSU goes, it takes the mobo with it. I'm glad you beat the odds on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom