Computer Builders Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3incorp

In Runtime
Are everyone that are building new computers actually purchasing a NEW Full Version of Win XP to install on your new hard drives. I'm in the process of building a new one and don't really have to fork out a few hundred dollars for a full version. Any ideas would be great.

Microsoft allows people to purchase a "cheaper" version of Windows XP Pro (upto 70% cheaper in some cases (going from £250+ to £100)) with their "new" computer; but Microsoft also allow you to buy this "cheaper" version if you purchase a Motherboard or Hard Drive.

m3incorp said:
Are everyone that are building new computers actually purchasing a NEW Full Version of Win XP to install on your new hard drives. I'm in the process of building a new one and don't really have to fork out a few hundred dollars for a full version. Any ideas would be great.

BWAHAHAHAHA

I mean yes, i paid for my Win XP......

Honestly i don;t know the difference between the currect XP in stores compared with older versions. All i ca think of is sp1, which can be downloaded.....

Kangaroo, how do you go about getting this discounted version? I am currently using Win 2000 on my laptop and another computer that came with XP Home preinstalled. I'm starting from scratch with the new one that I'm building and it is replacing a computer that currently has Win 98SE.

I haven't got a massive amount of knowledge on USA sites for buying this software, but I get mine from (take note of price and notes):

Scan UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom