Computer assembly course?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monklerman

Baseband Member
I was wondering if anyone knew of any computer assembly courses that teach you everything you need to know about building computers and such... or if anyone knows a VERY cheap way to build a computer as an experiment?

I built my computer with the help of a friend last summer, and its been great, but i don't feel like I learned enough about building computers to be able to build one alone, so any suggestions would help :)

Hey man, I felt the exact same way that you did, but I had never built a computer before (even with a friend) until I built my first computer:

I learned everything I needed to know about it here:
http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/

That website is SO amazingly helpful. I probably got lucky, but it was a BREEZE for me, and I had no problems what so ever. It booted up the first time I tried it (I accidentally hooked up the little LED cables wrong, so the HD light on the front of the case wasn't blinking, but that was the only problem, if you want to even call it a problem). I built it for a medical office too, and they haven't had any problems with it.

Read over that website a few times, and have it open while you build the computer if you can. You'll be able to do it, man. I did it without any prior experience. Good luck!

Well, I can't think of any courses, but if you watch/help build one, then you should know the basics, and be able to build one alone.

I just built my first computer this past summer, and didn't think I'd be able to do it. I read the manual for the mobo about 10 times, and it still seemed too difficult. I pulled out all my parts, and got to work, and believe it or not, I'm writing this from that computer. It was really simple.

Building a comp in a nutshell comes down to: cpu to mobo, heatsink and fan to cpu, power to mobo, ram to mobo, power to hd, hd to mobo, power to cd drive, cd drive to mobo. Then you'll be set to install an OS. (That's how mine was, because I had integrated sound and graphics.) It's really just common sense, and it's pretty hard to screw it up, because if it doesn't work, then you go back, and see what's wrong. It sounds harder than it actually is.

There are tutorials on google, that you can follow, too. There's probable a course at some local community college or something, but I really couldn't tell you, lol.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom