comparison AMD to Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahn

Solid State Member
sorry for the second post about this so soon, but I really need to know if I'm going to waste my money or not.

I have:
Intel P4, 2.8 Ghz 133 FSB, 533 Bus, 8 KBs l1 cache, 512 KBs l2 cache with no hyper threading

I want to buy this
or possibly this

I don't really understand how AMDs can be better then intells when they have so much less Clock speed, so thats why I'm asking. Also since my intel doesn't have hyper threading and is not 64 bit I thought that would make a huge difference. I don't know for sure. The first processor seems like a very good buy, but I'm tempted to get the second one because its a little more powerful. What do you all think? Thanks for your help.

look the venice core is the greatest for know, and AMD Vs. Intel thre is a thread about look it just coming down to this if your going to game. YOu use AMD is much better if you use intel its still good but not as good. Intel is and has better speeds yes better performance. AMD wins coming to gaming.

Dark_Sniper* said:
look the venice core is the greatest for know, and AMD Vs. Intel thre is a thread about look it just coming down to this if your going to game. YOu use AMD is much better if you use intel its still good but not as good. Intel is and has better speeds yes better performance. AMD wins coming to gaming.
Holy fragmented sentences, Batman!

AMD does more IPS (instructions per cycle) than Intel. You have to realize that a processors speed is not determined by the number of clock cycles, but the number of instructions per clock cycle.

I'm sure google could answer this question for you with a bit of searching, ch-check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom