Compaq Armada 1700 BIOS (aka Diaganotics Partition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Compaq Armada 1700 have part of thier BIOS on the hard drive in this thing called a "Diaganotics Partition".

Stoopid End User disides that he wants to upgrade the OS, and being the "know-it-all" that he is, he disided to completely F-disk the hard drive (included the Diaganotics Partition).

Should be a simple problem to fix, provided that HP/Compaq has a correct files on their website (which they don't).

Now I have had quite a few phone calls with the "technical support" down at HP/Compaq which out to much luck, but with plenty of stupity instead. And in the end, I think the guys down at HP just want to brush it under the carpet as a hardware fault which is no longer covered by warranty.

Right now, I need to the get the Diagnotic Partition onto this computer. I need to get the file(s) will allow me to do this.
It should be some file that creates a bootable disk that will need create the Dianogic Partition.

Does any one have such a file at works (not the ones that are currently posted the HP website). At this stage, I really could not care which Windows OS I put on to this notebook.

can you order a hard sik for that notebook from compaq? not too many people would have the files you need. plus you may have to recreate the partition in a certian way.

a client of mine managed to give me is recovery CD for is Compaq Armada 1750.

With a bit of screwwing around, I was able to get the Diagnostic Partition back on...... only to find out the the hard drive is ruined with bad sectors.

This does explain why the notebook was working slow in the first place.

Now i just need to source a small hard drive.
Until then..... CASE CLOSED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom