Chaintech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShoobieRat

Fully Optimized
:confused:

How do you guys feel about Chaintech boards?

Seems like they have a good selection with good features, but you don't hear much about them. Anyone got success stories? Horror stories?

:confused:

I don't really know, I just went with Asus because I didn't want to tech any chainces with something that important.

::::EDIT:::: Puns are fun ::::EDIT::::

What kinda proccessor? If amd, look for an asus, they are some of the best, even for p4s.

I had a chaintech graphics card, it worked for two months and them BOOM! one day it just started booting up with nothing but lines. I still need to send it to the manufacturer cause they'll replace parts gone bad, but I don't know what cause it to go out in the first place. ASUS no longer has some of the best boards, an asus board with nforce chipset is what I had and it wasn't compatible with the GeForceFX 5700 card from chaintech so I had to get an MSI motherboard. Sooo all in all to answer the question I'd go with an MSI motherboard. I didn't care for ASUS and this MSI has been real good thus far

It is true that Chaintech is never in the limelight, but I have never heard anything bad about their hardware - and thats the information I normally hear :)

I used to have a Chaintech graphics card (Geforce 4 MX 420) and that worked fine. No complaints from me, since their prices are especially reasonable!

It seems like they have a lot of well thought-out boards, and their motherboard packages are sweet! I mean, how many other mobo companies sell their boards with rounded-cables? That's just boss! I'm always slinging those damn flat-ribbon IDE cables in the garbage and installing round cables. Then, on many of the boards, they have a processor socket that's not crowded out, a heat flange to protect your inputs, and on top of it all, their boards tend to look trick rather than dull "capacitor-farm".

Still, even though they look sweet and offer some sweet bonuses to their board packages...you hear so little about them. That makes me leery.

I have to agree with Nubius about the ASUS boards. Their latest boards don't seem to be that impressive. In fact, out of their whole line, I've only found one board that I was impressed with enough to consider buying it. I know they're a solid company that's been around...but I think they're drag'n a bit.

MSI comes with roundcables, not sure if you were talking about chaintech or what but yeah I like the roundcables and my MSI KT6V came with em =)

So I don't start a new thread. How do you all feel about Soyo in general? More importantly the KT 600 dragon plus? I've heard good things about overclocking ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom