cdrom not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

antirj

Beta member
i was playing a game, and my computer rebooted while playing it, so i started playing again, and once again it rebooted. but i am now left with my cdrom constantly going. I cannot open it up, although i managed to remove the cd from it that the game was on. The light on the cdrom is constantly flashing, and I am unable to open it. Any ideas on what to do? The few occasions that it will open, if I place a cd in, it the light constantly flashes, but it can't read the cd.

Check the cables. make sure there's no pieces of the disc inside :D

Reboot a couple of times and leave your computer off for a minute.

first check the cables, make sure they are all snug and seccurue
then you may consider getting a cdrom cleaner... i've seen them in the store, try someplace like newegg.com or compusa someplaces like that
you may also want to find a diagnostics tool, to check the hardware,
update the drivers... basically that's about all you can do before replaceing the cdrom...

good luck, post any questions.

consider getting a cdrom cleaner

Don't waste the money, unless your talking about a CDRW or DVDRW Drive. Its not worth it to go out and get a cleaning kit. There going to run you anywhere from $10-$20 bucks on. It would be easier to pick up a new CD-ROM Drive and not have to deal with anymore problems. I bought a brand new Lite-On 52x CDRom Drive for $19 the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom