CD-RW Drive problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olan1Durai

Baseband Member
I am sorry for the lack of an epic tale for this problem, as i had for my HD; however, it is still a problem that needs fixing.
My Plexwriter 48/24/48A is no longer functioning properly. First and foremost, I have downloaded the firmware updates for it. The drive occasionally reads non-music CDs, such as a Neverwinter Nights game disc. When it comes to music CDs it will either fail to read it at all, a small orange light turning on on the drive, or it will show the songs, even load the names onto Windows Media Player, but will not play the songs, and will consume large amounts of my CPU time trying, eventually causing me to have to kill the nolonger responding WMP.
I am opening up the "My Computer" window as I type.... and it is failing to read the music CD in the drive, "please insert a disc into drive G:". There is a green light blinking on the drive. And for a data(game, insallation software, etc.) CD... orange light.. making slight noises...blinking orange light, two blinks, pause, two blinks, so on and so forth... It has failed to read this disc, when I double click on the drive in "My Computer" it gives me the same, "please insert..."

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if you need more information just ask.

Thank you to anyone who helps.

Try cleaning the Drive with a laser lens cleaner .See if you can access the cd through WMedia player.

I have tried that, the example where the music CD froze up WMP is with a laser lens cleaner. and any which way, it will not access the disc now, for some odd reason... Occasionally it lets me, occasionally it doesn't.

Terribly sorry to beg persistently, but I greatly want help, so i'll being this thing back to page 1...

heheh... I have come to the conclusion that beezlebub has inhabited my Plexwriter.... time to go to the creators... 5 greed LED blinks, then a pause, five more... on and on and on... mesmerizing almost... looked in the manual.. no Idea as to what 5 green blinks means... evil... pure unadulterated evil...

hahahehe..
" If you still get blinking LED lights after going through the troubleshooting process your drive is most likely defective. Click here for return/repair information. Please reference attempting this test procedure on the RMA request form. "

yay... defective drive... I let it sit for 3 weeks and it goes defective on me... 5 blinks means that it recognizes the cd but can't read it... fun... I condemn them all to .... go live with beezlebub...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom