cd-rom problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droot

Baseband Member
i recently purchased a asus a7n8x with a amd xp 2800. got it together took hard drive, cd-rom and flobby drive out of old comp and hook it together. started up evertyhing running good untill i tossed in the cd that came with the mother board and the cd-rom is not recognized. checked tha cables everything look snug and secure. any ideas.

Thx Droot

no only way i can see it is if i log on and use safe mode then its there in my device manger but other than that they do not show

is shows it as being there and running only in safe mode other wise its not even mentioned.
checked all fittings and redid the whole thing and still the cd-rom still does not work.
the the cd-rom worked great in old comp no problems there.

the problem started when the new mobo was installed but everything else seems to be doing fine

thx droot

nope didnt detect it and yes i have the correct drivers. i also reinstalled the drivers again and still is not showing up

ya i plan on changing cables later today to see if that works.

and it may be that there not compatible but i hope its jus the cable kinda runnin low on funds.

thx Droot

well if i have to buy a new one :( how will i know if the new one is compatible with the mobo. looked on asus sit but came up with nothing

nope looked there :S this is becomming to be a pain in the neck.
all i wanted was a comp to play doom 3 :( :( oh well gott go get so things done ill mess wiht it later
thx placebo for the help and ideas

Droot

lol np

changed the cables that didnt help guess im off to shop for a new cd drive :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom