Cd Burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
For the last few months i have had endless troubles from my cd burner. Ill use what happened today as an example. I was trying to burn a iso to a cd. I firstly used nero which had an error and couldnt complete burning. Then with a different cd i used Alcohol 120% to try and burn the iso, but it also came up with errors. Finally, i tried to do burn the files contained within the iso onto a cd with windows xp built in cd burning funtion, but that also came up with errors. I have a creative cdrw 32*12*40 burner. Is there any ideas on how i can fix this?

Thanks
Wayne

Well if u cant burn anything to a cd then i recommend a new cd-r drive, that happened to me once then i had no choice to get a new one.

yeah, well i was thinking that, but it would only be my last resort, and currently, all my funds are bieng diverted to my external hard drive im putting together. hopefully i can get some money next week to finish off the hard drive, and a few weeks after that ill get a new drive.

more than likely its a buffer underrun error. thats why ALWAYS pay the extra 20% more for a trusted name brand product when it comes pc components. I made many a mistake shopping those very attracting sales in electronics warehouses (fry's for instance) and ended up 9 out of ten times bringing it back......

take my cd burner for example.....i first bought a BTO (?) and it would bun cds 1/2 the time the other half it would ruin the cd......their bundled software sucked wind and wouldnt install.....so i brought it back......i then went and bout a SONY cd burner that came with nothing...i mean NOTHING cept the non static bag that it came in, no box no instructions, no software....and best of all no high price tag....and have never had a prob since

well this one is certainly not a no name brand cd burner, its a creative and it wasnt very cheap when it was bought.

did u mount the ISO in Alcohols virtual dirve first to make shur it actually works and isnt corrupt?

usually the proper speed is limited for u, but r u trying to burn faster then the supported hardware, or media can support?

did u try uninstalling, and reinstalling the CD-rw's drivers? maybe the manufacturer has an updtate one at its web site?

does burning work at all even on the lowest/slowes settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom