cd burner error correction

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyboy383

Beta member
hey, first of all hi everyone. i have a little bit of a question. on one of my cd's a part of the label got scratched off by the screw on the inside of a friends cheap cd player... and one of the tracks won't record to musicmatch or play right on anything (1 of 2 things happens when it hits the scratch... it goes back to the begining of that track over and over, or it just skips and won't play until you skip to the next track). i have error correction on, and it's a brand new drive (and i just used a cleaner cd just incase there was some dust). i let a friend burn the cd and he said there wasn't a problem, his computer's burner has a feature where it automatically fixes scratches or something similar (he doesn't know much about comps so he couldn't tell me any more)... and whether that's what it does or not the copy he made is flawless. what could this be and where could i find it? it's in an hp desktop system and the drive was included if that would help. thanks for any help or info you can give me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom