Case mounted fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Ok folks, i'm consider buying a case mounted fan as my current computer is lacking one. My question is this, how will it be attached to the inside of the case? Is their some kind of 'port' for it or is it gonna be a case of fiddling around and modifying the case itself?

Also, what is a good case fan to buy? At the moment i'm looking at a:

Vantec TD9238H Tornado 92mm fan
- Dimensions: 92x92x38mm
- Airflow: 119 CFM
- Power consumption: 12.5 W
- Noise Level: 56.4 dBA
- Speed: 4800 RPM
- 2 Ball Bearings
- 3 to 4 pin adapter and 4 fan screws included
- Chrome fan Guard included

Mounting it is going to depend on the case it's self,If there is a spot for mounting an extra fan all you have to do is basically just screw it in,If you don't have a spot it's going to mean some cutting and drilling :( And as for that tornado fan i would look at something else cause they are REALLY REALLY loud unless you get a fan controller.

For example, my case has "click in" spots for case fans. Some cases just have the grill and screw holes for mounting.

Look at your case and see what your options are. 92mm isn't the most common size, there is a good chance your case has preset spots for either 80mm or 120mm fans.

ok folks, installing yet another heatsink soon anyways so i'll take a look then and see if i have any spaces for a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom