Case Fans Help (LF HAF-X 942 Owners)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandre88

In Runtime
Hey everyone!

Well I am signed up for Neweggs newsletter that sends out certain deals they are running from time to time. Anyways while looking at the most recent one I noticed that they are running a 20% off all case fans sale so I figured this would be a good time for me to add/replace some of my fans in my current HAF-X 942 case. I want to do this for two reasons. First is obviously for the better airflow. The HAF-X 942 comes with 5 stock fans but I know there are more you can add. The second reason is I want to add a little bit of an aesthetic touches by adding some LED fans to light my case up a bit more. At the moment I only have the one red LED fan in the front of my case that came stock.

Anyways where I basically need help is from those out there that have a HAF-X 942 case if I want to replace all of my stock fans and also add fans where you are able to but did not come included with the stock set-up. If I am remembering correctly there are a few areas where a fan could be added but was not put in as a stock feature. Hopefully I explained that correctly.

So basically I just need to know how many of each size fan I will need to do what I outlined above. Also I am inclined to get Cooler Master case fans but are there better fans out there for less or the same price?

Sorry if this thread is a little confusing. I have been up all night so I am extremely tired writing this. If you have any questions you need to ask because something wasn't clear please be sure to let me know.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Cooling System
140mm Fans
1 x 140mm rear fan

200mm Fans
1 x 200mm top fan
1 x 200mm side fan

230mm Fans
1 x 230mm front red LED on/ off fan

you've only got room for a 200mm fan on the top to add in, there are 2 vga fans you can add, one's a 120mm and an 80mm and they fit on extra parts that are included with the case i think. I'm not really sure as I don't have the case, but one goes on a VGA Holder and the other on a VGA Fan Cover. As far as fans go, it's kind of up to you. if you want better airflow get a higher cfm fan, but higher cfm = higher dba. the fans in there are 19dba and 75cfm. so any of the ones on newegg will be an upgrade. you just get to choose a color :)

Cooler Master HAF-X (RC-942-KKN1) Full Tower Case Preview - Accessories and Documentation :: TweakTown USA Edition
that's got all the info of where you can plop extra fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom