Can't get Processor in socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjm1027

Baseband Member
Ok I'll stop whining now!

I Started putting my system together tonight, motherboard mounted, then the AMD 939 pin chip, You think I could get that thing to drop? No way. No matter what I do, I unlock the socket, line up the 2 triangles from chip to socket... and gently, slowly without a shake try to guide the pins into the socket... NOTHING!!! Just wants to sit on top of socket!

I looked for bent pins... everything looks ok...

Any ideas?

Did u fully open the socket lever (90-100 degree) and mount it in correct orientation?

Based on his sig. I'd say he does... I don't know what to tell you other than check the orientation again, maybe it's misrepresented on one of them or something. Good luck though...

Yes to all, I checked everything.
I also looked at orientation, there are pins that are skipped and the pattern seems to fit. Pin 1 is marked with a triangle on the ship ans also an N. Not sure what the N is for but I tried (very carefully) all orientations.

You you guys know what the policy might be if the Mother board was purchased at one place and the chip another? They are both retail and the chip has 3 year warrenty. Think I would have trouble sending it back?

Steve

i dont kno exactly how to fix ur problem, keep fiddling with it i guess, just DONT force anything into place, then u be skrewed...

it might be easyer if u put the cpu in first, then mount the Mobo. with it outa the case you can prolly get a really close look at it. u may just be off so slightly that u cant tell with the view ur look at it now.

yeah, that's what i was going to say, check the sockets on the mobo if you haven't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom