Can't access my HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

montero

Beta member
I recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu and memory. everything stayed the same but now i can't access my slave HD. I have 2 HDs, one is for system files and the other is for storage files. it registers on the device manager but will not show or unaccessible at my computer... also during booting the slave HD is recognized... I do not want to re-format and loose all the files I have. I have the wester digital with 8mb buffer, Iknow it's not the best HD but was working before the upgrade, I guess my question is if anybody had gone thru the same issue or know a way for me to re-activate or access the HD, thanks.

Maybe try removing the HD via Device Manager and let Windows detect it and Re-install it. If the Device Manager sees it then it's installed but maybe glitched? Easy Fix Maybe! Good Luck:confused:

Go into the computer management tab, then go to Local Disk Management, and send a screenshot of what's goin' on. I think that's what its called... I own XP, but my license of it is in the shop at scott city, having the processor remounted.

if you change to another board, certain dll files will become out of date; but I don't know why it should affect the Hard Drive.
when you swapped the parts over did you accidently damage the IDE cable perhaps?

Hi Guys,
first thanks for all the advise... yes I re-installed the XP and have looked at the bios settings, I have it in auto as well. I swap the cable to see if its bad but that's not it either... I'm buffled beyond understanding so I'm bringing it to a shop tomorrow and if they get it to work without having to re-format, I'll post the solution so if ever anybody come accross something like this... again wish to thank everyone for the advises and helps..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom