Can barely find any games on CS...router's fault? computer? ISP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabloII

Fully Optimized
well..........i used to get 2000+ servers usually when i query for servers on cs:s

recently (been doing this for about a month) i get 20-30 servers if i get lucky, sometimes a bit more

i thought this was wierd, so i clicked on every server that actually responded to me, and they all jumped up to 1000+ ping (wierd ting is that the high ping i was getting looked like 1000ms plus whatever i was getting)

however, in games that don't respond to me, i still get decent to acceptable ping (40-100)

is this my router's problem? ISP?

thx

btw, i have my ip address on static and port 27015 open (i use this to host whenever i play with few friends that live close to me)
recently, they haven't been able to see my server

Did you try reinstalling? They recently released their new version of VAC for source (what a joke) it could've screwed something up.

Everything was working fine for me last night.

Everybody realized that CS sucks and they dumped it for a real game, like Half Life 2 or UT2004.

1) Check your filters (im sure you have, but just look over once more.. Sometimes i accidently click the wrong thing)

2) Check your Steam settings (from the steam launch app, not within cs)

3) What kind of firewall do you have? Make sure its going to forward ping requests to the outside.. If its a linux machine i'd check out your nat routing tables.. Make them as small as possible

4) Try sending a udp ping to a cs server on default cs port.. If the responses are still high do a udp trace route and see where exactly the pings skyrocket.. Who is your isp?

5) Does CS 1.6 still work?

hmm...#4 seems interesting...how do you do that?

btw, after you said something about firewall, i checked my router and did something and now i get about 1000 servers that respond, which seems ok for a crappy ISP like adelphia

thx

edit: me no have no 1.6

Go to MS DOS and type "tracert (IP)". Without brackets and inverted commas.

windows traceroute uses icmp... cs uses udp for communication.. Most Dos and DDos applications use udp as the method of attack.. because of that most isps route udp packets differently than tcp or icmp packets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom