Buying new main comp need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbles

Beta member
Im going to college this fall and I need to buy a new computer. I want a top of the line gaming computer. Im going to load CS, World of Warcraft when it comes out, Warcraft 3, maybe EQ, and anything new I like. Money is not much of a factor. 3 grand tops for price. I was wondering what is the best comp I should buy. I want Windows for the Operating System. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also what do people think about tablet PCs.

Athlon 64 fx-53
N-Force 3 motherboard
1 gig dual channel corsair XMS memory
SATA hardrives
Creative audigy 2
radeon x800 xt
case with lots of fans
550 watt ps

if you looked carefully you would have realized that none of those games need a computer that powerful (LOL) tablet pcs have bad graphics
if hes gonna get fx 53 hes gonna need ecc ram (or she)

Yah and for 3g's go for the scsi hard drives. ANd i could understand if you were playing farcry but cs doesnt require sh#t . Dont forget soundblaster audigy.

Were you planning on buying a new computer or building one? If you were building one, andrewthegreat listed some good specs, but if you were to buy one i would reccomend Sony. I have owned both a Dell computer, e-machines, compaq, and now an HP. I would have to say that my friends Sony (which he bought about a year and a half ago) has given him the least amount of problems compared to any of mine. I'm not sure about Sony's website, but if you go to Dell, you can list which parts you want in your computer and tell you how much it will cost to build/ship it to you.

I am going to get a desktop computer. I want to get the best computer I can for around 3,000. I've looked at Sony, Dell, ABS, Alienware, and Voodoo. I do not know which place I should buy from to get the best computer. I want to be able to play any games I buy at good speeds. I also want to plug cable television into my computer so I can use it as a television. If that is too much of a hassle then I will just bring a small tv w/ me to college.
I've looked at tablet PCs for taking to class in addition to having a desktop. Im not sure how well they handle and if they are worth buying. I would use the tablet as a laptop and to store all my notes for class.

If you want the best and dont want to build it, buy and alienware. The best hands down no bs. They are number 1 some are exteremely close like falcon northwest. But alienware is #1 everywhere. I would buy one of those but i like building.

I agree with mrzeeedler, if you are going to buy prebuilt, buy Alienware or Falcon Northwest. Or you could buy custom built from a local computer store in your area. You tell them what you want and they will build it for you. Stay away from store brands (ex: HP, Gateway, Dell, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom