Build A Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirtar

Beta member
Hi, I only got about 400 dollars and want to build a new computer, just a tower, anybody got any good setup suggestions i can try for? Try to make it kinda upgradeable too if u can =)

hi kirtar
well i will sugest buy a custom built computer from hp/compaq or dell systems .because branded computers are always the better option than configuring it urself get online and choose the components urself and online you also know the price at the same time
i will recomend going for a higher memory than processor speed
by it is certainly upto you and your usage

If you have any computer experience at all I would suggest build one. My first computer I bought a year ago was a compaq and had more problems than you could imagine, had to take it back to future shop and it was replaced with their own brand. Its ok, but with some information about building on the net I built my first one in the beginning of the summer. Just surf around and check out prices from online stores and read the comments from people who had bought them. I don't know if $400 will do it as I just built my 4th one for a friend ant it cost $572cdn.It was a amd2200+,cdrw,floppy,asrock mb with onboard vid and sound,256ddr ram. This is for a buisiness machine and maybe some gameing but by all means if you want to build a gameing rig its gonna cost a couple of hundred more for a basic one. Just my two cents. This is the best way to learn the nuts and bolts of computing thats for sure.

Hey I posted the same thing down below, "To Mini or Not".........

I dont know of any /new/ custom built HP, DELL, GATEWAY or any major
PC that you can buy for 400 or less; unless you already have a
monitor.

However you can certainly build a good PC for 400 or less with room
to upgrade in the future.

Try newegg.com, I have already pieced together several configurations
for a new computer with their site alone and they have come in under or
just above 400.

Also look to pricegraber.com for good deals, be sure to check the seller rating.

Here are just some of the prices out there,

Barebones-168.00(Case/Motherboard+PS) FREE SHIPING
DDR333 RAM-42.00(256Mb Crucial) FREE SHIPING
INTEL Celeron-55.00(1.7Ghz 400FSB) FREE SHIPING
HD-52.00(40Gb ATA100) FREE SHIPING

You can go cheaper, for example by selecting a cheaper Barebones kit, or
less RAM or 1Ghz CPU all with the intention of upgrading later.

I hope this helps somewhat.

what do you think ?

hmm ? here

:D Im building a new computer. The folowing are a few parts.. can i get a few opinions here, on the parts that is.

AMD barton processor, 512 MB (double-data-rate), 9600 radeon video card, 80 GIG.

Well i guess the biggest thing i want opinion(s) on is the AMD barton processor, and 9600 radeon video card. THNX

PhantomxBantam said:
get a refurbished eMac.

stop giving bad advice

scorpiopank said:
hi kirtar
well i will sugest buy a custom built computer from hp/compaq or dell systems .because branded computers are always the better option than configuring it urself get online and choose the components urself and online you also know the price at the same time
i will recomend going for a higher memory than processor speed
by it is certainly upto you and your usage

not a bad option, if you have the money, but its going to be much more expensive (and from your post money is going to be key in this problem) than building your own, it is never a bad idea to build your own pc because:

1) you know more about the computer, and how to diagnose it

2) its cheaper to buy the parts and build it yourself

and lastly go for faster processor speed, you can always add more ram later, but can you add a "stick" of processor speed? no, you have to buy a whole new processor, which is much more expensive (and a bigger hassle) than going out and buying a stick o ram

yeah

yeah im not the one building it my uncle is he has had lots of experience with it ... i have had a bit but not enough to totally do it myself.... it has the AMD chip so we are calling it the INTEL CRUSHER!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom