BSOD After New Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

croSSeduP

In Runtime
Well, not NEW, but new to the machine. Two machines, actually. Here's the story (I hope this is in the right forum):
I took two Radeon HD 3870's that were running just fine in Crossfire, and put each of them in two different machines. BOTH of those machines, after completely erasing anything regarding ATI CCC or updates off of those machines, and then reinstalling CCC and the latest drivers from ATI's website, will BSOD after a short time running. Here is the complete BSOD that both machines are displaying -

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
The problem seems to be caused by the following file: ati2dvag"....
...."The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself of the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly.
Technical information:
STOP: 0x000000EA (0x88b47338, 0x89ACEAD8, 0xBA4DFCBC, 0x00000001)
ati2dvag"

Both machines display this exact message, except the error code in parentheses is slightly different, but both display the 0x000000EA code, which seems to indicate a problem with the registry, but I have no idea how to fix it.
Help???

:sad:

This an NVIDIA stop error. Try getting DriverSweeper, install, and run in safe mode. This will delete any hidden drivers in your registry. Instructions on how to run it should be simple.

This an NVIDIA stop error. Try getting DriverSweeper, install, and run in safe mode. This will delete any hidden drivers in your registry. Instructions on how to run it should be simple.

Is DriveSweeper a free download? I found one of these types of registry cleaners and they wanted like $50 for it! NTY...
Odd that is would be an nVidia stop error since one of the machines had no nVidia files on it at all. Oh well, I'm willing to try anything before I spend money having a professional take a look at it. Thanks!

Its not a Nvidia driver error. Its a hardware error, and as it clearly says its from atidvag.

Hopefully its not a hardware error like the other forum thinks.

I'd try to reseat the card, just take it out, then put it back in firmly, making sure the pci-e lock it closed up.

I took both cards out and visually inspected. Saw nothing wrong. No popped capacitors, no burned solder points, etc. Reinstalled them ran Driver Sweeper and CCleaner in Safe Mode with Networking. Reinstalled the drivers through ATI CCC. Both machines seemed to be working fine, then they crashed just like before. Time to take them to a professional who has better testing equipment. It doesn't make sense that BOTH cards are bad, since they were both working fine in CrossfireX before removing them. Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom