Broken Ide!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsnyder100

In Runtime
I was a a little bit impatient and pulled the ide cable a little bit to hard out of the ide conncetor in the motherboard... resulting in the braking off of part of the plastic surronding the pins.... I am hoping that this is a more cosmetic issue. None of the pins are damged. I would just like to be reassured!

ThatÂ’s a tough call, on one hand you could hope that thatÂ’s just a cosmetic issue on the other if you try and use it you have the possibility that something was damaged and either A doesnÂ’t work anymore or B will fry the motherboard or something like that. I would assume if the pins arenÂ’t bent you'd be ok....can't say I have ever had it happen to me though.

-GrayWolf

Like Graywolf said....it probably works but I'd be careful. you don't want a fried motherboard!

P.S. Hey Graywolf, how's ur 64 running? How much was your board? The guy at Tiger told me the gigabyte board was terrible...Oh well w/e!

If the pins wernt damange than your cool. unless they are hanging half way off the board lol

hey i got the Gateway PII for free and i thought it was tight so i PIMPED IT lol by the illinois beach dude between zion and waukegan

LOL! no they are completely intact... Their is just a small plastic chip that no longer is their. I though the same thing just not feeling like blowing out my componets!!!! thepurpose of the so called plastic "wall" surrounding the ide pins is purely for ease of connecting an ide right...... i hope so. Anyways as of now nothing is connceted to the jack so hopefully i have nothing to worry about...................!

if it's just the plastic it'll be fine, no worries.

I've had the plastic around my BIOS chip break off before :p

when the IDE is plugged in it should be covering up all the pins so it should be no problems

Same thing happened to me. Its no big deal, aslong as atleast 50% of the plastic is left around it. If not, then the cable might be too loose...

But you would have to almost rip the board in half to make it that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom