boot up problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cronauer1965

Beta member
hi to all need some help
Im running windows xp pro .I can start up pc with no problems but when i restart comp it shuts down but will not restart.By pressing in off button and turning pc off and then powering up again it works fine.

asrock k7s8x motherboard
512mb ddr400 branded memory
amd xp 2600+333fsb
80gb hitachi 7200 hard drive
128mb 9200 ati radion graphic card
52x32x52 liteon cdrw
16xliteon dvd rom

I have built the pc using a v70b 400w window atx case

If anyone can help please post me as i am lost as what to do .
many thanks gray(novice computer builder)

just go ahead and press the power button
and hold it down for about a minute or two

take out the power cable from the back without releasing the power button and then after a 40 secs go ahead and plug it back in wait for 20 secs and release the power button

this is known as power cycling as it removes any static charge in the CPU.

thanks & regards

thx for the tips.tried that but still no restart.Have taken motherboard out and made sure that it is insulated from case (which it is ) .Have u any more ideas?

checked most things. getting stressed now. loaded vietcong after reloading os still crashes within a minute of starting game. I have set mother board jumper to 333 to match processor but dont know where ram ddr400 comes in to play dont know whether the problems i have are related eg boot problem/game crashing. i checked logs game crashes out with true vector service. got any ideas? i am totally lost now.

got everything running ok now. It was in the bios. set every thing wrong told you i was novice. boots up fine now. think i set multiplier to high kept banging out when under load. also set ram mhz wrong. thanks for help tho good to know people do help. ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom