Bit confused about what PSU I should get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TicTac2

Baseband Member
HI all,
I am buying a computer from a good company who, in effect, you give the parts and they build. i could see their power supplies options were all quite cheap so I thought I better get one myself. Also I felt, I would get to do a bit of 'building' after I decided not to build a myself.

I am worried about compatibility and all that. I will not be overclocking very soon after I get hte PC. So here is the system I am getting:

A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
1gb G-Skill RAM
Dell 2005fpw Monitor
Nec 3540a DVD+-RW
Geforce 6200 DVI (i won't be gaming)
Seagate Barracuda 160GB HD 8mb Cache
Athlon 3500+ Venice
Windows XP Home
Delux Case: http://www.deluxworld.com/ebusiness...2&productid=251

So it is the PSU I now need to get. I have about £60 left to spend. (which is about $70 knowing America's cheaper prices). I have been looking at the Antec Smartpower 2 450w.
I am worried I don't understand ATX12V version 2.0 and stuff, so am not totally confident that this power supply will have all the connectors needed and stuff? How much power does my system require?, I probably want a little bit of leeway for small upgrades without changing the PSU.

If this doesn't seem the best PSU for me, have you any recommendations for a sub $70 PSU that can easily power my system and wouold be widely available in the UK.

Thanks
(ps. does my system look good/ok?)

That power supply will be fine. No compatibility problems.

ATX 2.0 Means you have a 24 pin main connector, 4 pin secondary connector.

You can make some upgrades/addition of parts without needing to upgrade PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom