Biostar BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

odie072

Baseband Member
I have a Biostar P4M80-M4 motherboard and I have a couple of questions.

First, I can't remember how to access the BIOS setup screen.:eek: I've tried F2 and F12 but they're not working and the manual nor the website tell how; that I can find. (I feel so silly)!!:freak::eek::D

Second, what I'm trying to do is attach a second HDD to the IDE slot to see if its working before I buy a external enclosure for it. I have a SATA HDD as my primary HDD, so I hooked up the second HDD in the IDE slot 2, but its not recognizing it. I'm going to unhook the drives I have in IDE slot 1 and try it there, but I want to go into my BIOS setup to look before I do that.

Any suggestions?? (I feel so stupid):D

Thanks

odie072

Hello,

To enter the BIOS you can hit things like Del that might get you to enter it. From the Google results that seems to be the common key to use.

Make sure the jumper settings are set to CS or Cable Select to get the IDE driver recognized. If it is a brand new drive it will need to be formatted cause Windows does not recognize RAW drives. Which all drives are until they are formatted.

Cheers,
Mak

If I don't know how to get into a bios i just run my finger along alla the F-keys on boot up ;) one of em should work.

and the second channel may be set to disabled in the bios which is why it isnt recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom