BIOS UNKNOWN Error!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically it didn't even flash your BIOS at all? It got up to right before it does and then stops and says that Unknown jargen? You might have to go step by step but that would seem kind of unreasonable of the BIOS manufacturers.......I've never made a big BIOS jump though before...everytime I've updated I've had the previous version BIOS and then just upgrade up one step....I can't fully say though with 100% confidence that you HAVE to go step by step....but perhaps you do...have you tried just flashing your BIOS with the one thats right above your version?

That'd basically answer your question if you did that and it worked ;)

I just tried that, the next step up from my current bios is ak31s407.bin..... I am really frustrated. To clear something up it says unknown flash! and then sends me back to the A: prompt.

Could be the utility that you're isn't compatible...just a sec........

Hmmm just found some info here:

http://www.amptron.com/html/Bios-recover.html

Error messages such as 'Unknown flash part' or 'Unknown flash type' indicate that the flash utility you are using is not compatible with the BIOS chip on your motherboard. If you get this error message then download a different revision of the flash utility and try again. Several versions of each flash utility are available on this page below the BIOS code.

So like the paragraph there said...it could be the actual little program that you are trying to flash it with. Try getting a different 'Flashing Utility' that's about all I can suggest.

Okay I downloaded that Uniflash thing, after reading the disclaimer I decided against that program. Also, how do I tell if I have a Phoenix/Award bios or AMI Bios?

Okay using every AWARD bios utility known to man I got a couple different responses....

One: "The program's file's part number does not match with your system."

Two: "System was not new AWARD BIOS version! Please update ram bios first."

WTF is a ram bios?

lol too much stuff has BIOS......when you first start up your computer you gotta look quick usually at the top of the POST screen and it says what kind of BIOS you have.

Try this site:

http://www.zdnet.de/treiber/man_prod/shuttle_mainboard-bios-wc.html

go down to where it says "Shuttle AK31 v1.x" and download that...it comes with a BIOS flash utility program try that combo and see if it works.

If that doesn't work then it'd appear you don't have an award BIOS, but that's what's being distributed with these BIOS updates so I don't see why you wouldn't....BTW also if you hit DEL in most systems and just get into the BIOS up at the top it should tell you its brand name :D

Hope it helps

Yea that place has the same thing as shuttle.com, awdflash. That's okay, I am not in dire straights to get my bios flashed, but it is way out of date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom