Bios Is Screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapideye95

Solid State Member
I Have an old Compaq Deskpro....which only uses the COMPAQ bios...i have a PII mobo /w celeron 400mhz slot1 440EX AGPset...and 82443EB PCIset...now i was in the process of flashing my bios...i made sure i had the right bios update...i know i had the right one...when the update completed...i turned off my computer and then...it hasn't even P.O.S.T.ed or no bios...as soon as power comes on...all i hear is a couple beeps...that's it...no more...i have a strong feeling my mobo is done for good...does anybody know how to reprogram a dead BIOS chip?..is there ways to set some piece of sh*t computer out there without spending too much money for it....any help is appreciated...THANX IN ADVANCE.

P A U L

looks like the BIOS is killed, you can not usually replace a BIOS so it's prolly better off getting another board, if you can find one that will support all your hardware. You will have to repair/reinstall your OS afterwards if the mobo you get is a different make.

You said you got a couple of beeps. That sounds like POST error beeps to me. Check your connections, something may have somehow wiggled loose.

what a coincidence
this same problem happened to me.
i was in the middle of my bios flash update and my computer was interuppted..
my computer didnt give any beeps but monitor and floppy wouldnt turn on so what i did was exactly what intel.com told me to do on the recovery section where u download a file, put it on floppy, take the jumper out of the motherboard, insert the floppy and turn on computer
well i dont kno what motherboard u have so id suggest on that same page u downloaded the bios update file from....below it there is a link to the recovery file
i hope my experience helped

Did you change any setting in BIOS or jumper on motherboard before upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom