¿Best video card for the money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedSteve-o

Baseband Member
I am going to buy a new video card for my system and i was wondering what the best video card for the money is.

I want to be able to play Doom3 and Half-Life2 really well.

Wow you got good fps for that card, did you overclock it?

btw would you guys recommend ATI or Nvidia

i used the overdrive option thing, but 80 fps timedemo isnt that great for online play , but for single its fine

btw would you guys recommend ATI or Nvidia
Ehh bad question to ask...you'll get too many ATI vs Nvidia posts now.

WARNING: DO NOT Start an ATI vs Nvidia war here people. If you have straight facts for the guy that's fine, or graphs to prove it, but we do NOT need another ATI vs Nvidia

It really depends man...depends on your system as a whole, what games your playing, how the latest drivers are etc...etc...you'll always get different responses based on all those factors....personally I'd wait for the 6600GT's and X700's to be released and see what kind of benches they can do

I can't provide graphs being as I'm on 9600 baud, but anyways, the GeForce 6800GT is the best card for both Doom 3 and Half Life 2 for the money. Go to any benchmarking site such as Tom's Hardware. The graphs there will show that the 6800GT beats the X800 Pro and the X800XT P.E. in both Doom 3 and Half Life 2.

check out this quote from nvidia

NVIDIA GeForce 6 Series' Technology Leadership Drives Dramatic High-End Share Growth
SANTA CLARA, CA—OCTOBER 27, 2004 —NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), a worldwide leader in graphics and digital media processors, today reported that the rapid adoption of the Company’s leading family of 3D graphics processing units (GPUs) has moved NVIDIA into the number one spot in the Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0, or high-end performance segment of the market, rising from 26% share in the second quarter of 2004 to 64% share in the third quarter of 2004 according to leading market analyst firm, Mercury Research.

Thanks a lot guys, I guess i'lll just have to wait until those cards come out. Will they be out by christmas?

If so, I just got the first thing on my list, heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom