Best Socket 939 Motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
Whenever I get the money to upgrade my comp, I'm going to get a 3200+ Venice and another 512MB stick of Corsair XMS, but I can't decide on the motherboard. I would get the DFI Lanparty, but it doesn't have an AGP slot, which I need. What would be the best S939 motherboard with an AGP slot? I was looking at the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum, but some of the reviews on newegg worried me a bit. What about the Abit AV8? I would really like to try and overclock the Venice, so which board would be the best overclocker? Thanks for the help.

the best OC'ing nforce3 socket 939 board is the MSI Neo2 Platinum

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43033

there's all kinds of tips and tricks for optimizing that board as well.

I'm waiting until june because DFI might be releasing an nf3 socket 939 agp board then. Wish those bastards would have done this sooner, can't believe they are just now releasing it

Thanks for the help Nubius, I know I can always count on you for some overclocking info :)

Nubius said:
Wish those bastards would have done this sooner, can't believe they are just now releasing it

Yeah no freakin' kidding dude. I just checked the DFI website, and they have 6 PCI-E boards but no AGP boards. Sounds like poor marketing to me, hahaha. I'll wait until June then as well, I know that DFI will produce a quality overclocking board.

Nubius said:
"getting with the times" is too damn expensive lol

Once again, preach on brotha. I'm gonna start calling you 'Brother Nubius' if that's alright ;)

yeah DFI is trying to get people to go to PCI-E quicker, which it's still a fairly small margin of the market and PCI-E isn't even full utilized yet so I don't know what the big rush is

"Nubius" is the poster child for the World Alliance Rejecting SLI.

W.A.R.S President - Nubius

LOL - He hates SLI and wishes it would die like BeTa...

Yup :D

I don't even want to go into it lol, I've repeated myself too many times. Simply frivelous crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom