Best for audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josayle

Beta member
Hey there people, how's it runnin?

Question-
I'm trying to build an "audio machine" the computer that allows recording editing and what not (playing wav midi etc.) I'm told there are so many things to think about. I'm not sure what my budget is yet because i have no clue what to buy.
If there is an audio guy out ther I would appreciate advice as to what to get (let say up to 2000-3000 bucks to get an idea!!??)

thanks
Josayle

Perhaps posting this in the Audio - Multimedia section would be a better idea ;)

As for starters, I'd say, get a PC with some high processing power, like the newest AMD or Intel chip (with HyperThreading), get a good soundcard, and a very good speaker set (5.1 preferably).

Then try again in the other forum I'd gues
Cheers
EGM

i would definetly get a sata raid 0 hard drive setup and 2 Gb of ram. this will make your comp work faster with those large audio files and multi-track recording programs. next, go to a music equipment store, maybe one that specializes in computer music hardware, and look at the sound cards, recording software and midi interface. tell the salesman your plans, budget etc. and he should be able to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom